Treccia di pasta di caciocavallo
Stretched curd Cheese
- Cheese code: TPC
- Weight: approx 400 gr (whole)
- Aging period: 3-6 days
- Ingredients: Raw cow milk, whey inoculum (milk), salt, rennet
- Best before: 15 days
- Vacuum package: available
- Package weight (vacuum packed): approx 400 gr (whole)
- Best before (vacuum packed): 3 months after the date of production
- Keep refrigerated: temperature between +2°C e +8°C
- It can be grilled or cooked in the oven (at 180° C for 30 minutes).
- Availability: all year round
- Origins of milk: Italy
- Made with raw milk
- Health Mark IT 14/060 CE
Treccia di pasta di caciocavallo is a stretched-curd cheese, made of strands of paste of Caciocavallo manually woven together.
Features: treccia di pasta di caciocavallo is an oblong braid 15-20 cm long, 2 cm thick and 8 cm large. The paste is homogeneous and elastic. The texture is soft, and the flavor is milky and buttery.
Serving suggestions: remove treccia di pasta di caciocavallo from the paper or the plastic bag. Serve it at room temperature. It can be grilled or cooked in the oven with potatoes or other vegetables at 180 C° for 30 minutes: the outer part becomes crunchy but its core remains soft and stringy. Keep it refrigerated in a plastic wrap.
Copper medal in the category “Fresh cow’s cheese”- national competition “Assaggio di Formaggio – Franciacorta in Bianco – Castegnato (BS) 2013-2014
SERVING SIZE (100 g)
|Energy value||337 Kcal – 1412 kJ|
|Total fat||25,5 g|
|Saturated fat||17,0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||2,0 g|