- Cheese code: RS
- Weight: approx 250 g
- Maturing period: 3-6 months
- Ingredients: Whey (milk), salt, rennet
- Best before: two months after the date of production
- Vacuum packed: available
- Package weight (vacuum packed): approx 250 g
- Best before (vacuum packed): 6 months after the date of production
- Keep refrigerated: temperature between +2C° e +8°C
- Not to be grilled
- Availability: all year round
- Origins of milk: Italy
- Made with raw milk
- Health Mark IT 14/060 CE
Ricotta salata is a salty, mature ricotta.
Features: ricotta salata is round in shape with a diameter of 8-10 cm. The paste is compact and the taste is sharp. Mold covers the whole Ricotta during the maturing period and you normally find some strands of mold inside too.
Serving suggestions: remove ricotta salata from the paper or the plastic bag and keep it refrigerated covered with a cloth or special cheese paper. Ricotta salata can be grated or shredded on pasta and risotti, especially with vegetables. It gives a salty, savory touch.
SERVING SIZE (100 g)
|Energy value||170 Kcal – 713 kJ|
|Total fat||13,2 g|
|Saturated fat||8,6 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4,7 g|